Ways to un-complicate your life
“Life is simple but we insist on making it complicated.”
Yes! Life is very simple but we ourselves create the circumstances that complicate it. So, in this article, I’m going to share some ways to un-complicate your life. Here, we go!
- Move on from your past. Stop focusing on what has happened and start focusing on what is going to happen. Until you make peace with your past, you cannot move forward towards your future. How can you start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one? The past cannot be changed, edited or erased, it can only be accepted. So, accept your past as it is. Learn from your mistakes and move on!
- Choose being productive over being busy. Don’t take up a lot of things on your plate. It will only eat up all your time and drain you of energy. Prioritize and do only those things that align with your core goal. Doing a lot of unnecessary things will surely make you busy. But in order to do everything, you won’t be able to do anything correctly. Always remember, being busy doesn’t mean being productive. Devote your time in the important tasks and say no to all else.
- Give out love and kindness. You cannot exhibit a negative behaviour and complain of having a trashy life. What goes around comes around. Give what you want to receive. So, if you give out love and kindness, it will come back to you. if you want friends, be friendly. Nobody wants to befriend someone rude.
- Stop trying to please everyone. Trying to please everyone is the perfect recipe for stress, misery and frustration. Be yourself. It’ll be good to know who’s down with that. Be with people who accept you the way you are. You cannot please everyone. So, don’t bother about it. You are not a jar of Nutella, it’s not even your job. 😛
- Let go of the drama. Distance yourself from the people who create unnecessary drama. Choose friends who admire you, encourage you, support you and motivate you to do better. Life is too short to let anyone suck the happiness out of it.
- Stay true to your own self. Do what your heart thinks is the right thing to do. There will be many people who won’t be true to you. Do the least and stay true to yourself. Do what your heart desires. Don’t let anyone dictate the terms to you. Don’t do something because someone else wants you to. Do it because you want to. Follow your heart and happiness will find you.
So, you see life is actually very simple but we complicate it unnecessarily by taking such decisions. A simple life is a state of mind. It is a way of life. Choose simplicity and live happily!