Unlike computers, human potential is unlimited. There wont’ be any day when your mind will stop working displaying a message saying “internal memory full, delete some data to continue.” Nope, that’s not going to happen, EVER. We, as humans, can always strive for improvement, pushing our limits. Unfortunately, not everyone utilises their true potential and keep under-performing throughout their life.
For those who don’t want to be in the category of under-performers, here’s a list.
- Dwelling in the past. Replaying the past over and over again, lamenting and whining about what didn’t go right in the past or what could have been done by you is plain stupid. What has happened has happened and can’t be changed now. But what can be changed and efficiently controlled is the present. Focus on the present and try to make the best out of it. Always remember, “Yesterday is a cancelled cheque. Tomorrow is a promissory note. Today is the only cash you have. So, spend it wisely.” Absolutely true! All you need to do is focus on the present and all else will follow.
- Letting criticism get under your skin. Praise and criticism are like two sides of a coin. Just like letting praise get to your head can degrade your performance because of over-confidence engulfing you. Similarly, letting criticism get to your heart will stop you from performing. You would be scared of trying out new things and making mistakes would become dreadful to you. So, take praise and criticism in the right spirit. Learn from both of them and move on. Don’t dwell on any criticism thinking about it too much. Work on what can be improved and prepare yourself for greater challenges ahead.
- Blaming others. When you blame others for the situation that you’re in, you are shifting the onus of improvement onto somebody else’s shoulders. When do portray that it’s not your mistake, you avoid making amends for that. Unless you take responsibility for your own life and your own shizz, you won’t feel the power in yourself to change it. And when you start taking taking responsibility for your life is when you start working for it, no matter what. So, stop blaming anyone for whatever is happening to you right now. Own your life. Live your life according to your rules!
- The time spent in complaining or whining about your life is the time wasted. Rather than complaining, whining or crying about what is happening in your life, spend time trying to sort things out. Try to figure out the solutions to your problems. Crying or whining doesn’t help. What it does is increase negativity in your life. Be positive in such situations and try to figure out the solutions to whatever is bothering you rather than complaining about it. When all you can think of, are problems, change your perspective and think of the solutions!
- Thinking that ‘You can’t’. Thoughts are like steering wheel that drives our life into the desired direction. If we think negative then that is what happens to us. You think that you cannot do it, you definitely won’t be able to do it. Think that you CAN and I bet you would be able to accomplish it no matter what. What you think is what happens. So, think carefully!
These are the checks that you need to make in your life. Avoid these checkpoints because they invite trouble. They hold you back and stop you from performing. Figure these out before they affect you.
Good luck! 🙂