Who doesn’t want to live the life of his dreams? We all have a mental picture of what we want in our life, don’t we? However, not every belief or habit is going to help us get there. Worry not, today I’m going to share with you some sure-shot ways to get what you want.
- Turn your dream into small steps. Yes, you read that right. Figure out what you want in your life. Slice that dream into small actionable steps. Accomplish them one by one. It might be a short-term goal like losing weight or getting a job of your dream. Break down these dreams into small feasible tasks. Like if you want to lose weight you might break it down like this- eating salads 5 days a week, giving up artificial sugars, working out daily for an hour etc. Make a journal and as you progress record the achievements.
- Be consistent. Once you are done breaking down your goal. Work towards achieving it each day. You should work on it humongously once in a while and ignore it on all other days. Just work on it bit by bit each each. Don’t over-do it don’t under-do it. Just make it a point to accomplish a little part of it each day. Consistency is the key.
- Surround yourself with the right people. It is rightly said, “We are the average of the 5 people that we spend our time with.” So, choose your company wisely. There are people who drag us down with their negativity. Stay clear of them. Keep positive people around yourself, people who lift you up and don’t push you down into the dump of negativity. Surround yourself with like-minded people, people who want similar things like you or have similar values like you do. It really does make a difference.
- Be kind. Zig Ziglar said, “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” You can’t exhibit negativity and complain about how trashy others are. Karma is a bitch. What goes around, comes around. So, be careful in what you give out. If you give out cruelty, negativity and envy; be ready to experience the same. Work to create light for others and your path will automatically be lightened.
- Balance is essential. You have to be consistent and all focused on your goal but that doesn’t mean that you should ignore your personal life in all of it. Create a healthy balance between your personal and professional life. Nurture your relationships, make time for yourself, nurture your passions, do it all. Over-doing one will disturb the peace and harmony of your life.
These ways have been believed to work out for everyone. I hope they work out for you too. They are worth a try so go ahead and give them a try.
Wishing you luck! 🙂