Being productive isn’t god’s gift, it is a skill that can be mastered with the right set of habits spread over the right routine. There are some habits that distinguish a productive someone from a not-so-productive someone. Mentioned below are some habits that are followed by productive people. Check them out.
- Disconnect to connect. What I mean by this is, from time-to-time, disconnect from your technologically poisoned life and take time out for yourself. Spend time doing what matters to you. Spend time with your loved ones. Instead of spending time online, spend time offline into the laps of nature. Go out for a vacation or just relax in the comfort of your home. Just switch off your phone and stay available offline.
- Meditation is an easy way to connect to your own self. In this chaotic life, we lose touch with our inner voice. We become so much engrossed in our hectic routines, that we stop spending time on ourselves. We keep aside things that our heart wants and get trapped in the rat race of excelling in our jobs, trying to accomplish more than our colleagues. The goal of meditation is not to get rid of emotions or thoughts. The goal is to become more aware of your thoughts and emotions and learn how to move through them without getting stuck.
- Choose a morning ritual that sets the right tone for the day. A morning ritual is as important as a healthy breakfast. Optimize your morning ritual to optimize the rest of your day. Meditate, work out, do the most important thing first thing in the morning or do whatever you feel would set the right tone of the day. There is no one-formula fits all thing here. Customize your own morning ritual for yourself.
- Eliminate distractions while you work. While we are working, everything other than the work itself seems interesting. It is easy to fall prey to procrastination. Having easy internet access makes it easier for us to catch just one episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. or G.O.T. before starting to work. That urge to check the social media account just one more time might suck up all the time and energy leaving us with nothing at hand. So, make it a point to eliminate all, I repeat, ALL the sources of distractions while you work. Converge all the focus and energy into that single task and do it whole-heartedly for utmost efficiency.
- Be grateful and appreciative of others. This might cliché for I say this a lot. But this actually works big time for me. Be grateful of every little thing you have, of every victory however small or big, of every single person in your life. Be grateful, celebrate life because someone else is happy in less than what you have and someone else is praying for the things you take for granted. Be appreciative of the people around you. Everyone is fighting a battle of their own that you have no idea about. Your small compliments or appreciations might bring joy to them. Kindness goes a long way!
These are a handful habits that everyone, who aspires to be productive, must inculcate in their lives. They go a long way. Being productive is a state of mind. Make wise decisions, choose smart habits and you’ll see the difference for yourself.
Good luck! 🙂