“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”
There are some habits that knowingly or unknowingly make our lives complicated. So here I list them all for you to check them out of your lives.
It is one of those habits that ruins all other things for us. Overthinking leads to analysis paralysis and we get scared before even starting a task. Outcome : no outcome at all or procrastination.
- Set short deadlines for yourself. I have found that learning to set short deadlines is really helpful for this, although it take a bit to practice. Take a window of 30 seconds. Should i go to the gym? Rule out a yes or a no in 30 seconds only. This helps!
- Know when to stop. If you can’t think through it right now. Stop. Think about it later. Grab some food or get some sleep.
- Stop making your schedule complicated. It’s very easy to get stuck in the same old rut at work or in school. To spend your hours there like you usually do and like most of the other people do too. Instead of simplifying it we tend to complicate our lives thinking it might simplify it.
- Do what would truly matter in the long run. Ask yourself: what is the most important thing I can do today? Ask yourself: is this thing going to matter to me after 5 weeks from now or 5 years from now? If not. Drop it!
- Start with one task. Instead of cluttering too many tasks, take it easy. Start with one small task and take it slow.
- Stop complicating your relationships.Our loved ones are always compromising for us. They give us their all without asking for anything in return. Respect this.
- Don’t try to assume things. If there is a communication gap, talk it out. Stop assuming things. Stop being a mind-reader. Just go, ask and sort it out.
- Control your drama. Control your work and stress and don’t drag your personal relations into it. Keep your personal and professional life separate.
These habits definitely, unconsciously are taking a toll on us gradually. It’s high time that we act. So take a moment, think and work it out. Goodluck!