Most of us maintain a TO-DO list to keep our productivity in check. A TO-DO list not only helps helps us plan but also helps us in prioritizing the important tasks and eliminating the unnecessary tasks. Similarly, a TO-DON’T list helps keep a check on the unproductive habits. Such a list can prove to be vital in doing away with the habits that we have been whining about since long.
Sharing with you some habits that should be there on everybody TO-DON’T list.
- Don’t let challenges scare you. We don’t grow when things are easy; we grow when we face challenges. If you don’t challenge yourself, you will never realize what you can become. So, don’t limit your challenges rather challenge your limits. Each day we must strive for never ending improvement. When life gets harder, challenge yourself to be stronger and sail through it. Martin Luther King Jr. has very rightly said, “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at the time of challenge and controversy.”
- Don’t be lazy. You don’t get what you wish for, you get what you work for. Work spotlights the character; some turn up their sleeves, some turn away their faces and some don’t turn up at all! Everything is easy when you are crazy for it; nothing is easy when you are lazy for it. So, don’t wait for good thing to come to you, work your asses off and never give up.
- Don’t be ordinary. You can’t do what ordinary people do and expect for something extra-ordinary. Dare to be different in your approach. Think out of the box, go the extra mile, don’t be afraid of what people would say about you. If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.
- Don’t wait for the ‘right’ time. Time will never be right. There will always be something else. But if it matters to you, you will make time for it. The right day is TODAY and the right time is NOW. Just do it. Stop over-thinking, analyzing or calculating the results. Just give it your best and it will turn to be the best.
- Don’t try to please everyone. Don’t let the fear of ‘what will people say about me’, stop you from doing something you really want to do. Stop trying to please everyone, not everybody will like you. Come on, you are not a jar of Nutella! It’s not even your job 😛
- Don’t judge before you know. The most common mistake we do is, judging the book by its cover. We should never ever jump into conclusions. Everybody is fighting a battle of their own, you have no idea about.
- Don’t neglect your friends and family. Our family and friends love us without any conditions, without any expectations. They are always there for us, having our back. Neglecting them would be the biggest sin one could do. Give them all the love and respect they deserve.
These are some TO-DON’Ts, I found worth sharing. If you have something else in your mind, do share that!
Good day! 🙂