Things successful people do differently
“Nobody is born to be a champion. And nobody is born to be average either. We make ourselves into one or the other.”
We all admire successful people. Don’t we? We idolize people like Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Lionel Messi, Oprah Winfrey, Virat Kohli, Roger Federer, so on and so forth. Why? Because they are the Champions in their field. They are successful and people aspire to be like them. Interestingly, none of them was born successful; they worked their way into success. They did things that helped them realise their true potential.
So, in this article I’m going to discuss things that they do differently.
- They work outside their comfort zone. Do you think Virat Kohli became a champion by being within his comfort zone? The answer is a big NO. He used to be chubby, die-hard fan of desserts and had no fixed training and workout regimen. He decided to turn this situation around for himself. He works out daily without a miss and hasn’t touched desserts for four years now. His amazing physique and brilliant performance on field speak volumes. His passion paired with his relentless hard work made him what he is today- the Captain of the Indian Cricket Team!
- They learn from their mistakes. Mistakes are great teachers. Successful people don’t stop when they make mistakes, they take note of the strategies that didn’t work out and devise new strategies to make things work. They steer clear of the trap of negative thoughts when things don’t work out for them and maintain a positive outlook. They take lessons from their mistakes and move on. We should do this too!
- They keep good company. It is very rightly said, “We are the average of the five people we spend our time with.” Successful people know this very well. They keep like-minded people around and those who encourage them motivate them and inspire them to do better. Negative people influence us negatively while positive people enhance our growth. So, choose your company wisely.
- They are consistent. Successful people don’t try to do a week’s work hastily in a single day nor do they lazily complete one day’s work in one week. They are consistent in their approach. They focus on making calculated efforts daily towards their goal. They don’t let occasions or mood swings deter them from working towards their goal.
- They avoid perfectionism. Successful people focus on delivering tasks of good enough quality. When we set the bar very high, it sometimes becomes discouraging when we ourselves are not able to meet our standards. This discouragement leads us into putting off the tasks until the ‘perfect’ time. This perfect time never comes because we always have something or the other on our plate. Perfectionism leads to procrastination. Hence, successful people don’t fall in this trap of perfectionism. They do justice to whatever they do. They don’t wait for the right time to come.
- They take logical decisions and ACT on them. Successful people analyse the situation in and out. Based on the facts and the circumstances, they take logical decisions. Logical decision making alone doesn’t suffice until you ACT timely on the decisions taken. Successful people know the difference between knowing what to do and actually doing it. They believe in taking actions.
These are the things that successful people do differently and we can too. So what are you waiting for? Incorporate these things in your life and see the magic that happens.
Good luck! 🙂