Step-by-step guide on how to achieve your goals
All of us on the face of this planet want to be able to achieve whatever goals we have set for ourselves. But many times, we can’t seem to achieve it. There are many reasons as to why we fail at it. But this doesn’t stop people like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and other infamous people from achieving their goals.
In this article, I have covered a tried and tested step-by-step guide to achieving your goals. Without any further ado, let’s check it out.
- Set an achievable goal for yourself. You can have a huge goal for yourself but that should be feasible and realistic. Your goal should be in harmony with your passions and interests so that you don’t get bored of working for it. You should also have a motivation driver related to that goal otherwise you will just keep putting it off.
- Carefully strategize and plan your course of action. Strategizing and planning will comprise of these sub-steps-
- Remind yourself about your core goal every now and then so that you don’t get distracted. Write about your goal clearly and boldly on a sheet of paper and paste it in/around your working space.
- Get involved with like-minded people. People with similar goals will not only guide you through your journey but will also act as a support entity. Such a group will help you maintain accountability and consistency in your actions.
- Create a daily work plan. Every morning write down the tasks that would help you bring closer to your goals. Try to create 1-3 actionable tasks for each day and accomplish them before you go to sleep. Make them a priority and make them a part of your schedule. Seek help from the people who have already achieved similar goals or from your loved ones.
- Set a deadline. Until you set a deadline to a goal, it will not seem urgent to you. It won’t be of any importance to you and you won’t make it a priority. So, set achievable deadlines to your tasks as well as to your goal.
- Take actions. This is the most important. Most of us stop after strategizing and planning. We fail to find time and hence even after such an in-depth planning, we don’t take actions in the desired direction and all the strategizing and planning goes in vain. Whatever you planned above, just DO IT!
- Regularly review your progress. Reviewing the process would help you to make necessary adjustments to it. Some things might not have come to your mind while you were planning but when you get started, you experience some real-time problems. Reviewing helps fix such unpredictable problems. Also, the positive results observed during the review work as a motivation, gives us a boost of confidence and help us in moving forward.
This guide will surely help you in achieving your goals, I promise.
Wishing you the best of luck! 🙂