Self-reflecting questions to ask yourself every Sunday
‘Self-reflection’ – the process of conscious awareness of the self, of knowing where we are and which direction we intend to go. We look back into the past events, successes and failures that have scripted our lives and peep ahead into the future possibilities. This helps uncover our goals & desires and helps realise our dreams.
So, in this article, I’m going to share 10 questions that would help you maximize the benefits of this process of self-reflection. Take out some quiet time and think these through.
- What’s my greatest accomplishment over the past week? This will not only raise your self-confidence but is also a brilliant way to track your progress. This will help you realise how far you have come, sailing through the difficulties. So, celebrate your victory while you plan to move ahead.
- What did I learn in the past week? If you didn’t learn anything new the past week, you probably didn’t do anything new. Introduce some changes in your schedule, explore newer opportunities and keep learning. There is no right time or right age to learn new things. However small or big, learn something new every week!
- Which struggle of the past week might affect my upcoming week? If you had to struggle through something in the previous week, figure out solutions and equip yourself for similar encounters in the coming week or in the future. The idea here is to utilize the experiences of the past to prepare yourself in advance for the future.
- What is the most important task that I have to accomplish this week? Plan your week well in advance. Prioritize the tasks based on their importance and accomplish them. This will make sure that the secondary tasks don’t over-shadow the important ones.
- Which activity consumed the most time in the previous week? Figure out the activity that consumed the greatest amount of time in the last week and stay away from it. Or learn to manage your time well to avoid unnecessary wastage of time on the same activity again.
- Does anybody from the past week deserve a big ‘Thank you’? If somebody had gone out of their way to help you or make you happy, take out time to thank them. This will make them feel appreciated and this genuine gesture of thankfulness will make them want to help you again in the future.
- What am I looking forward in the coming week? When you have something to look forward to in the upcoming week, you feel motivated. There is a purpose in your life to work for. If there is nothing you look forward to you will end up wasting your time over things that don’t matter to you. So, think of something and work for it.
- What am I the most grateful for? So many events take place in a week. Take out time to appreciate them and feel grateful for the small victories and the small things in your life. Instead of running after things that you don’t have, feel thankful for the things that you already have. Take pride in the abundance that life has showered upon you in the previous week. This will make you feel positive.
- If I had only one week to live, who would I want to spend my life with? This is a subtle reminder to keep your loved ones close. Nurture your relationships and spend time with the people who matter to you. We get so much involved in our hectic schedules that we forget the people who love us without any expectations, care for us without any demands and encourage us without any motives or deadlines in mind.
Have the actions of my past week moved me closer to my goals? If the answer is a yes, keep working the same way. But if it is a no, change your schedule. Prioritize the tasks that bring you closer to your core goals. Nothing else matters more than your core goal!