“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”
We all are quite aware of the importance of including good habits in our life, habits that are constructive and gradually lead us towards personal growth. Speaking of habits, there are some habits or call them rituals, that are followed by enormously successful people. Mentioned below are some of them, check them out.
- A morning routine. Morning is the calmest time of the day. It is the ideal time for you to set the tone for the rest of the day. A trusted routine can be extremely effective in helping you feel in control, more mindful and competent. Make a routine to suit your needs and follow it consistently like a ritual.
- We try to do so much during a day to get the feeling of being productive. However, trying to do everything not only eats up all the time, but also trap us in the vicious cycle of stress and procrastination. To be more productive, try to plan your tasks and prioritize every tasks. It is much more important to be able to figure out what ‘not to do’ rather than what ‘to do’. Unnecessary tasks eat up all the time and drain us of energy.
- Focus on today. Successful people try to make the best out of the present day. There is always a tomorrow to do the ‘other’ tasks. Focus on what is important today. They don’t wait for the ‘right’ time. If something is important enough, they make sure that they accomplish it the same day. Focusing on the past or the future consumes time and energy and is absolutely worthless. They know this very clearly and work on this.
- They turn the obstacles around and learn from their mistakes. Be it Thomas Edison, Steve Jobs or Oprah Winfrey, all successful people used the obstacles in their path for their own good. Their setbacks didn’t stop them. Instead, they learned from them and moved on.
- They follow their intuition. Always trust your gut instincts; it knows what your head hasn’t figured out. Successful people know this very well. They always trust their gut and don’t second guess it. So, always trust your gut, your brain can be fooled and your heart is emotionally driven.
- They keep journals. Journals are a great way to track everything. Your success, your mistakes, your setbacks, your strengths, your weakness, everything. All the successful people keep track of their lives and that’s how they know what has worked for them in the past and what won’t suit them.
- They take praise and criticism in the right spirit. Praises are great but they might lead you into being over-confident. Criticism is great too if taken in the right light. Take criticisms constructively and don’t let any of it drag you down. Successful people welcome honest feedbacks and work on their low-points.
These are some rituals that successful people follow. They are undoubtedly great and if incorporated in our lives, can do wonders! So, waht are you waiting for? 😉