Practical ways to improve yourself
“Become addicted to constant and never-ending self improvement.”
Improvement is a life-long phenomenon. You can never sit back and say to yourself, “Hey, I have reached the saturation of improvement. There’s nothing else I can improve myself in.” No, this is never going to happen ever! However, the will to improve and become a better version of yourself should come from your inside. This can’t be forced onto you. It is you who decides and takes steps to improve thy self.
So, in this article, I’m going to share with you some practical ways by which you can improve yourself.
- Make the best out of the resources available to you. Stop whining about the resources that you do not have access to. Start appreciating whatever you have and make the best use of it. Stevie Wonder who has 25 Grammy awards in his possession attributing to his passion for music. Would you be inspired if I tell you, Stevie Wonder is blind? Yes! He made the best possible use of the resources and senses available to him and did wonders. If he could, anyone can do wonders!
- Give up your comfort zone. A comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing actually grows there! If you stay in your comfort zone and avoid trying new things that means you are doing the same things over and over again. If you want to achieve something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done. Staying in the comfort zone doesn’t let you become the extra-ordinary that you are aspiring to be. Everything you want to achieve is one step outside your comfort zone. So, get out of it now!
- Pursue something you love. I have said it numerous times and I mean it. If you do something that you do not like, you tend it do half-heartedly. The lesser the enthusiasm, the poorer the quality of the work. On the other hand, if you do something that you really really love, you tend to put your heart and soul into it. The results? Amazingly extra-ordinary work of topmost quality. Don’t give up your chances of becoming a Maestro in doing what you love, for being a mediocre in something you don’t even like!
- Read great books. This is one of the most tried and tested ways of self-improvement. Self-help books not only help you improve in person but also provide a newer perspective to things. They introduce us to a whole new world of possibilities. They provide so much positivity and hope to oneself that they actually become addictive. For those, who are not avid readers, you can try listening to the audio versions of such great books.
- Have an open-mind. “The mind is like a parachute, it doesn’t work unless it is open.” I love this statement for it is the crux of the whole concept behind this pointer. If you keep an open mind, you learn from all experiences, you see possibilities even in your tough times and you are able to think from different perspectives. Open mind enables you to grasp, learn and hold on the new and useful things.
These are the most important points. There is no end to this list so feel free to add more points to it. I hope they help you.
Good luck! 🙂