“Failure is not about falling down but refusing to get up.” Undoubtedly, failures are a part of our life. If we don’t fail, we don’t learn. And if we don’t learn, we don’t change. Change is necessary for growth. Failure and success are like the […]
Humankind isn’t perfect and so is the human mind. It makes mistakes. Every single person on the face of this earth, irrespective of his intelligence quotient, sex, religion or age, makes mistakes, ranging from taking wrong decisions to making poor judgments to cooking up stories, […]
“Nobody is born to be a champion. And nobody is born to be average either. We make ourselves into one or the other.”
We all admire successful people. Don’t we? We idolize people like Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Lionel Messi, Oprah Winfrey, Virat Kohli, Roger Federer, so on and so forth. Why? Because they are the Champions in their field. They are successful and people aspire to be like them. Interestingly, none of them was born successful; they worked their way into success. They did things that helped them realise their true potential.
So, in this article I’m going to discuss things that they do differently.
- They work outside their comfort zone. Do you think Virat Kohli became a champion by being within his comfort zone? The answer is a big NO. He used to be chubby, die-hard fan of desserts and had no fixed training and workout regimen. He decided to turn this situation around for himself. He works out daily without a miss and hasn’t touched desserts for four years now. His amazing physique and brilliant performance on field speak volumes. His passion paired with his relentless hard work made him what he is today- the Captain of the Indian Cricket Team!
- They learn from their mistakes. Mistakes are great teachers. Successful people don’t stop when they make mistakes, they take note of the strategies that didn’t work out and devise new strategies to make things work. They steer clear of the trap of negative thoughts when things don’t work out for them and maintain a positive outlook. They take lessons from their mistakes and move on. We should do this too!
- They keep good company. It is very rightly said, “We are the average of the five people we spend our time with.” Successful people know this very well. They keep like-minded people around and those who encourage them motivate them and inspire them to do better. Negative people influence us negatively while positive people enhance our growth. So, choose your company wisely.
- They are consistent. Successful people don’t try to do a week’s work hastily in a single day nor do they lazily complete one day’s work in one week. They are consistent in their approach. They focus on making calculated efforts daily towards their goal. They don’t let occasions or mood swings deter them from working towards their goal.
- They avoid perfectionism. Successful people focus on delivering tasks of good enough quality. When we set the bar very high, it sometimes becomes discouraging when we ourselves are not able to meet our standards. This discouragement leads us into putting off the tasks until the ‘perfect’ time. This perfect time never comes because we always have something or the other on our plate. Perfectionism leads to procrastination. Hence, successful people don’t fall in this trap of perfectionism. They do justice to whatever they do. They don’t wait for the right time to come.
- They take logical decisions and ACT on them. Successful people analyse the situation in and out. Based on the facts and the circumstances, they take logical decisions. Logical decision making alone doesn’t suffice until you ACT timely on the decisions taken. Successful people know the difference between knowing what to do and actually doing it. They believe in taking actions.
These are the things that successful people do differently and we can too. So what are you waiting for? Incorporate these things in your life and see the magic that happens.
Good luck! 🙂
There are different types of skills. There are some skills that you need depending upon your job. For eg.- if you are a software developer, you ought to know coding and various coding languages. This skill, isn’t required by an English Professor. But there are […]
“Life is simple but we insist on making it complicated.” -Confucius Yes! Life is very simple but we ourselves create the circumstances that complicate it. So, in this article, I’m going to share some ways to un-complicate your life. Here, we go! Move […]
It is not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself and to make yourself a priority; it is necessary. Because unless you love your own self, nobody else will love you. Also, making yourself a priority and doing things your way without bothering about the approval of others, will attract the right kind of people in your life. They people that you can identify with, with whom you don’t have to be someone else. So, start living your life to your own terms and see what great things start happening to you.
Listed below are 5 things that you can start doing for yourself starting now-
- Face your problems. Problems don’t disappear on their own. You have to act on them to make them disappear from your life. Problems are an inevitable part of our lives, they make us stronger and prepare us for greater challenges waiting ahead. The key to facing any problem is the way you react to it. It is not what happens that count, it is how you react to it. Your attitude determines what you make of it – either an obstacle or a stepping-stone.
- Spend time with the right people. It is rightly said, “We are the average of the 5 people that we spend our time with.” Spend time with people who encourage you, support you and inspire you to become a better version of yourself. Choose people who are there with you no matter what. Learn from the good lot around you and grow along with them.
- Be true to yourself. Be honest about what you want to do. Stay true to your heart and do what it desires. Don’t let anyone else set the rules for you. Never change for anyone thinking they will you. Be you and the right people will love the real you. Embrace your strengths, embrace each bit of yourself.
- Start living in the present. Whatever has happened in the past, has happened and cannot be changed. Whatever is about to happen in the future is beyond your control. So stop obsessing over the past and stop planning the future. Just live in the moment and make the best out of it. Everything else will follow.
- Learn from your mistakes. I say this quite a lot. But mistakes are our best teachers. We learn some of the best lessons of our life from our mistakes. Learn from your mistakes because they help you become better and stronger. But don’t stagnate because of a mistake, move on!
Magic happens when you start loving yourself. Don’t give up in front of other people’s expectations. Start loving yourself and live your life, your own way because the universe falls in love with a stubborn heart!
When it come to personal growth, there are certain things that add to your personal growth while some things stop you from self-improvement. So, in this article, I’m going to share with some enemies of self-improvement that you have to look out for. This is […]
There are days when you feel low and motivation is down in the dumps. Thankfully, there are some effortless strategies that can instantly lift up your mood. So, in this article, I’m going to talk about such tricks that will help you brighten up your […]
“Become addicted to constant and never-ending self improvement.”
Improvement is a life-long phenomenon. You can never sit back and say to yourself, “Hey, I have reached the saturation of improvement. There’s nothing else I can improve myself in.” No, this is never going to happen ever! However, the will to improve and become a better version of yourself should come from your inside. This can’t be forced onto you. It is you who decides and takes steps to improve thy self.
So, in this article, I’m going to share with you some practical ways by which you can improve yourself.
- Make the best out of the resources available to you. Stop whining about the resources that you do not have access to. Start appreciating whatever you have and make the best use of it. Stevie Wonder who has 25 Grammy awards in his possession attributing to his passion for music. Would you be inspired if I tell you, Stevie Wonder is blind? Yes! He made the best possible use of the resources and senses available to him and did wonders. If he could, anyone can do wonders!
- Give up your comfort zone. A comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing actually grows there! If you stay in your comfort zone and avoid trying new things that means you are doing the same things over and over again. If you want to achieve something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done. Staying in the comfort zone doesn’t let you become the extra-ordinary that you are aspiring to be. Everything you want to achieve is one step outside your comfort zone. So, get out of it now!
- Pursue something you love. I have said it numerous times and I mean it. If you do something that you do not like, you tend it do half-heartedly. The lesser the enthusiasm, the poorer the quality of the work. On the other hand, if you do something that you really really love, you tend to put your heart and soul into it. The results? Amazingly extra-ordinary work of topmost quality. Don’t give up your chances of becoming a Maestro in doing what you love, for being a mediocre in something you don’t even like!
- Read great books. This is one of the most tried and tested ways of self-improvement. Self-help books not only help you improve in person but also provide a newer perspective to things. They introduce us to a whole new world of possibilities. They provide so much positivity and hope to oneself that they actually become addictive. For those, who are not avid readers, you can try listening to the audio versions of such great books.
- Have an open-mind. “The mind is like a parachute, it doesn’t work unless it is open.” I love this statement for it is the crux of the whole concept behind this pointer. If you keep an open mind, you learn from all experiences, you see possibilities even in your tough times and you are able to think from different perspectives. Open mind enables you to grasp, learn and hold on the new and useful things.
These are the most important points. There is no end to this list so feel free to add more points to it. I hope they help you.
Good luck! 🙂