What makes a person productive or unproductive? One word – Habits. There are some habits that make us productive and some that lead us into being unproductive. What leads us into being unproductive? Lies. Lies that we tell ourselves when we are under pressure.
Mentioned below are some lies that unproductive people tell. Watch out for them and don’t let them ruin it for you.
- I’ll do it tomorrow. The belief that tomorrow would be a better time to accomplish some task holds us back. Waiting for the right time to do something would only lead us into putting off the task until eternity. Always remember, tomorrow never comes because when it comes, it becomes today. So, accomplish that task TODAY!
- I can’t. People who doubt themselves are their biggest enemies. If you think you cannot do something because of insufficient time, money, energy or other resources, then you are mistaken. The only thing that is stopping you from achieving success is YOU. Drag this belief out of your mind because it is holding you back. YOU CAN!
- I’m not comfortable. A comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing actually grows there. This might sound cliché but it holds true. Success is waiting for you just one-step outside of your comfort zone. Even if you are uncomfortable, just give it a try. Take risks. In any given moment, we have two options – to step outside the comfort zone and accept the challenge or to step back and do the ordinary. You can’t become extraordinary by doing the ordinary. The choice is yours.
- I can’t give in more, I should quit now. There come situations when we feel like giving up. We don’t want to try hard and we just want to quit thinking of it as the safest bet. When this happens, instead of giving up, give more. Quitters never win; winners never quit.
- It’s too late. It’s never too late to start differently, to make something happen. Age is no bar when it comes to success or learning. Every day is a new beginning. Don’t be afraid, start again.
These are some lies that unproductive people tell. These lies hold them back, lead them into putting off work, stop them from starting things and make them quit. If you don’t want to be one, watch out for these lies and eliminate them from your life.
Wishing you luck! 🙂