Fashion is in the air. fashion has grabbed everyone under its spell. The students aren’t untouched of its influence. The bags they carry, the watches they wear, the hairstyle they do and the way they carry themselves involves so much of fashion.
Students seem to be more fashionable than the adults now. In fact they are good trendsetters themselves. There are many teens who invent their own styles and aim to become an icon among their groups.
Like every coin has two sides, fashion also has both positive and negative impacts on students.
- Being fashion conscious not only makes you popular among your folks but also upgrades your confidence level.
- Fashion enhances the creativity of students. They are ready to try out new trends or even make up their own trends.
- A good taste in fashion definitely adds to your persona and makes you stand out in the crowd.
- It lends variety to their lives other than only studying, by providing an element of excitement in trying out new things.
- They are the icons around whom fashion revolves. They get influenced by fashion and then influence the fashion industries and promote their growth.
- Instead of going with parents or family on weekends, students like to hang out with their friends because that ‘In Fashion’ these days.
- To follow the trends, many spend unnecessary money from their pocket money.
- A lot of time is wasted and students get distracted from studies, which should be their prime concern in this age.
- The trendsetters in schools and colleges many times bully the not-so-fashion-conscious.
- The paradigm of aspirations like becoming a doctor or engineer or a lawyer has shifted towards being in the glamour industry. This affects the studies.
- Many resort to crimes like theft when parents don’t support them to buy the gadgets/dresses which are in trend.
- Girls start wearing makeup at an early age. There is a race to look ‘older’ than they actually are.
Being interested in fashion and following the latest fashion trends is absolutely not a bad thing. However, it becomes bad when it becomes excessive, and that is when it starts impacting your marks and your learning habits.
They must be a right balance between being fashionable and what is good for them. They have all the time in the world to indulge in this luxury after having finished their education. The present time however should be devoted to studies, for it will never come back. it is also the duty and responsibility of the parents to keep a watch over their children. Too much of information regarding recent trends and styles block the minds of the children and distract them from their studies.
So just keep it balanced, and don’t be a fashion victim.