Our time and energy is limited. Trying to get the best out of these limited resources becomes vital when it comes to leading a happy and stress-free life. A TO-DO list ensures that we focus on the right things in the right ways at the right time. It helps plan, prioritize and de-clutter our lives. Merely having a TO-DO list in possession, won’t carry the task. Knowing how to make an effective TO-DO is essential. So, let’s dive in and know the how-to’s of a TO-DO list.
- Leave the past behind while planning ahead. Don’t let the problems or setbacks of yesterday, affect you today. Setbacks shouldn’t scare you or stop you from doing something. Learn from them and move on. Your past shouldn’t get reflected on your TO-DO list.
- Don’t take too much on your plate. Like you can’t eat everything if you take too much on your plate. You will get sick because of over-eating. Similarly, you can’t do everything in one day. You will get exhausted and stressed. Take up only as much work as you can peacefully accomplish.
- Your TO-DO list should be in alignment with your life goals. The ‘why’ of what you are doing in life should get reflected in the form of ‘how’ in your to-do list. Focus on the ‘why’ and the ‘how’ would automatically fall into places.
- Prioritize based on importance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe said, “Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.” Prioritize your tasks keeping in mind the importance of each task. If it isn’t important, drop it. Don’t compromise with the important ones. Make a clear demarcation between the important and the unnecessary.
- Keep your closed ones at the top of your list. Make the people you love, your top priority always. There never was/will be something more important than nurturing your best relationships. Don’t let anything ruin your bonds.
- Single-task, always. Take one thing at a time and do it with full attention. This ensures maximum efficiency and productivity. Give each task their due share of importance. If you are doing it, immerse yourself completely in it.
These are some important tips you should keep in mind while making a TO-DO list of your own. To-do list can do wonders if done the right way. Are you ready? 😉