“Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.”
Let me ask a simple question to start with. What makes dreams turn into reality? A simple answer to a simple question. Actions. Unless we act, all our dreams are stuck in the vicious cycle of procrastination. And dreams rather than turning into reality, remain a dream till eternity.
Mentioned below are some habits that will help converting your dreams into reality. Here we go-
- Do the most important thing first thing in the morning. When the most important thing is taken care of right at the start of the day, it doesn’t weigh us down the whole day. We feel good about ourselves and our confidence is lifted too.
- Do what you think is right. Taking action becomes a so much lighter activity when you only have to take responsibility for doing what you think is right. When you don’t have to think about the results and all your focus is on the actions that you do, is the time when you give your 100% into a task. How can something done with full concentration and accomplished with putting so many efforts, go wrong!
- Start small. Taking big tasks will put us into procrastinating mode. Big tasks scare us. So to start with, take small tasks and as you gain momentum you will get comfortable with the bigger ones too.
- Stay focussed. Remind yourself of important things in life or the purpose of your life. Remind yourself of your priorities, your goals or a motivating quote. This will keep you going and will help keep the concentration in place.
- Become accountable. An accountability buddy can help you to stay on track and to keep taking action towards your goal or dream even when the initial enthusiasm has dissipated. People closer to me in my life help me to stay accountable to for instance not eating too much unhealthy stuff, to working out and to not working too much.
- Work and breaks go hand-in-hand. Work for 25 minutes and then relax for 5 minutes. Alternatively, work for 50 minutes and relax for 10 minutes. This way you would be able to focus better, get more things done and would be able to enjoy your breaks better if you work well in your work time.
- Stay positive. Focus on the HOW-TOs and not on the WHAT-IFs. Don’t allow yourself to get stuck in the negative spiral of analysis paralysis. Negativity reaps decay!
- Don’t worry about what would people think. Everyone is fighting a battle of their, we have no idea about. Nobody actually has the time and energy to think about us. Our life affects us and nobody else so nobody should have a say in it. Enough said.
- Make it fun. Lets admit it, some tasks are really boring. But we have to accomplish them anyhow. To combat this problem, add some music to that task or promise yourself some reward after its completion. Change your perspective towards it and things get lighten up.
- Celebrate each day. At the end of each day, take time out to appreciate what you did today. Small victories each day accumulate into big victories in the future. So go ahead!
Developing these habits isn’t a over-night process but once you take hold of them, they make life easier. Give them a try!