What do I mean by an effective mindset?
Well, an effective mindset is the one that draws the best out of everything. That knows how to make the best out of the limited resources like time and energy.
So, here is how an effective mindset behaves.
- Enjoys the present. You cannot be happy if you keep dwelling in your past or planning your future. This way you are not only welcoming unnecessary stress but also spoiling your present. Happiness comes when you enjoy the present irrespective of the setbacks of the past or the plans of the future. So, make the best out of the present.
- Doesn’t get scared of challenges, accepts them. Michael Jordan once said, “Challenges don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it or work around it.” An effective mindset is aware of the fact that – strength doesn’t come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t. Always remember – No pressure; No diamond!
- Self-discipline. There is nothing that self-discipline cannot accomplish. Self-discipline brings along the art of mastering your moods, watching your words, restraining reactions, sticking to a schedule, managing resources wisely and maintaining good health. This is the very reason why schools try to inculcate self-discipline in us. An effective mind doesn’t need anybody else to discipline it, it disciplines itself.
- Remains optimistic. Whether it is a failure or a minor setback, am effective mind doesn’t get scared. It remains optimistic throughout and sails through the difficult times like it’s no big deal. It is quite aware that failures are a part and parcel of life and you cannot escape them. It’s better to learn from your mistakes and move on.
- Always ready to help others. An effective mind knows that someone’s most useful asset is not a head full of knowledge, but a heart full of love, an ear ready to listen and a hand willing to help others. When we reach out to others, seeking the best in them, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.
These habits would definitely help you in becoming a better person. There is nothing to lose in it. Effectiveness of mind comes with all round development of it and not just gaining knowledge. Aspire to tick the points above and you will see the difference!