Enough said. Habits, whether good or bad, play a highly important role in our life. Some habits have the potential to alter the efficiency of our minds. These habits when integrated in our routine can really help a mediocre become a highly efficient person.
Mentioned below are some of such habits that would increase your efficiency manifold.
- Concentrate on the present. Replaying an old argument 1000th time, trying to win it over by coming up with better points this time or worrying about what could go wrong in the future aren’t going to help. Dwelling in the past is as useless as dreaming of the future because neither the past can be changed nor the future can be controlled. But one thing that is certain is the present. Focus on making the best out of your present and everything else will fall into place. When you have nothing but ‘NOW’ in your mind, you give in your best and your efficiency increases.
- Nurture your relationship with your loved ones. The time spent with the loved ones is always a happy time. Stress is inversely proportional to happiness meaning that, the greater the happiness, the lesser is the stress and vice-versa. Spend more time with the people you love and create memories with them. Happy memories not only help you sail through the tough times but strong bonds with the loved ones give us a morale support. When we are mentally and emotionally stable, we tend to perform better and our efficiency increases.
- Find your motivations. Motivations keep us going. Something that motivates me might not motivate you. Motivation drivers can be different for each of us. So, find yourself one. It can be a song, listening to which you might feel pumped up or a movie that boosts your confidence or a celebrity or someone dear to you. Find your motivation and keep it close. Alexander, the great couldn’t have conquered the whole world with his motivation at the lowest. When you are completely motivated is when you perform your best and your efficiency is at its peak.
- Challenge yourself with new things. Not challenging your mind with new activities and skills would mean giving up to live in your comfort zone. The comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing actually grows there. If you don’t challenge yourself, you won’t learn new things. No new learning means no growth. Life becomes stagnant and there would be nothing exciting to wake up every day for. Challenges keep us going and help us broaden our horizons. Keep learning newer skills and keep challenging your mind with newer activities. Life is a never-ending process of learning.
- Exercise keeps our body fir and brain is a considerable part of our body. Leading an unhealthy life, keeping your unfit would also mean keeping your mind unhealthy. Take care of your body. Give it proper nourishment, give it proper rest and work out regularly because taking care of your body directly means you are taking care of your mind. The better you eat, the better is the blood supply to your mind. The better the blood supply, the better is the efficiency. So, you saw the relation now? What are you waiting for then? Never miss out on your workout and always binge on healthy things. Your mind and body will thank you.
Try incorporating these habits in your life and i’m sure that these habits will definitely help you become an efficient person.
Good luck! 🙂