I have talked enough about the benefits of a TO-DO list. We have also discussed about what to put in your TO-DON’T list. So, today I’m sharing with you essential things that should definitely be there on your TO-DO list to help you guide you throughout your day.
Here we go-
- Mind your reactions. “Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.” Yes, you read that right. We might be undergoing a very tough situation but there are always two roads that you can take during that moment. One, you whine about it, cry about it, get upset and abort yourself from it. Two, instead of crying or whining because they won’t help, you think of the solutions and the ways-out. A situation becomes tough only when we think of it as tough. Our reactions are what matter the most!
- Because some questions cannot be answered by Google. Listen to your inner voice. In the hustled life, that we live in today, it becomes very difficult to concentrate on the self. The goal of meditation is not to get rid of emotions or thoughts. The goal is to become more aware of your thoughts and emotions and learn how to move through them without getting stuck. Like prayer connects you to God, meditation connects you to your own self.
- Be genuinely kind. I came across a very beautiful one-liner and it stuck to my heart. It says, “A human is born in every house but humanity is born in a few of them.” The most beautiful thing you can do is to be genuinely kind. Don’t be kind because you want to be reciprocated in the same way. Be kind because you really want to create a positive environment around yourself. It might not be reciprocated or even appreciated but that shouldn’t bother you. You cannot be all trashy and negative to the people around you and complain about how negative the people are. What goes around comes around. Be the change you want to see in others.
- Be grateful. Take time out to reflect upon the things you are grateful for in your life. It might be the roof over your head, a good job, a supportive family/partner, or whatever. Be thankful to the small things in life. Oftentimes, we run after things that we don’t have and forget to value the things that we already have. Take for example- A man sitting on a bicycle wanted to have a car, the man having a car wanted to have a helicopter. A man without legs just wanted to have two fully functional legs! Always remember, someone else is happy in less than what we have. Someone else is praying for the things, we take for granted. So, be grateful for whatever you have, always!
- Genuinely appreciate someone for something. Appreciate your co-worker over how brilliantly they did their job. Appreciate your friend for being there with you always. Appreciate your parents for always being supportive of you. Appreciate every little thing. Appreciate a stranger over how good they look today or good their smile is. Be genuine in your approach. You never know that one appreciation from you might make someone’s day. Everybody is fighting a battle of their of their own that we have no idea about. And if you can’t appreciate, just don’t be rude. 🙂
These are just some pointers that I found to be essential points on a TO-DO list. You might be aware of more. Feel free to add more of these. Feel free to share it with us.
Good day! 🙂