Even though we’re already several days into 2018, each morning is a new beginning, for all of us. And we can prevent the wrong thoughts and beliefs from getting the best of us as we move forward with our lives. We can train our minds to make the very best of the present moment, even when our circumstances are far less than ideal.
Each morning is vital. It’s like that foundation stone on which the whole day is built. And that’s why we have to be mindful of how we speak to ourselves when we first wake up. What we tell ourselves first thing in the morning is a big part of what we hear for the rest of the day.
Positive morning reminders are one of the simplest and most powerful tools for setting the right tone to the day.
So, here are some morning reminders to help you have a good morning and thus, a good day!
- We are always growing. We are not how we used to be, a year or a month back. Life is a string of experiences, which don’t stop. The experiences that seem hard and compel us to quit are the ones we look back to with gratitude once we have made it through it.
- You cannot get rid of the difficult situations, negative people and unwanted feelings. But we can change the way we react to them. Life is not about the adversities but about the way we react to them.
- Happiness doesn’t start with a relationship, person, job or vacation. It starts with you! It’s how you deal with your present that shapes up your future. It’s your personal choices that make you happy. In every moment, you have an option to be happy or to be sad. Make a choice wisely!
- Stop managing your time, start managing what you focus on because what you focus on – grows! Most of the unnecessary things that you stressed about today won’t really happen and definitely won’t matter a week from now. So, shake off the nonsense and bring your attention back to what is really important in your life.
- Make yourself a priority because nobody else will. Learn to respect yourself and to take care of yourself. Be your own support system. Don’t wait for others to choose you. Choose yourself, today!
- Look back and appreciate how far you have come. Think of all the pain and hardships that you have undergone. You’ve been through a lot and in this, you have grown a lot too. Give yourself some credit because you deserve it!
- Five years from now, it won’t matter which watch you wore today, which car you drove today or which luxury diner you went to. The things that would matter are how you lived, what choices you made and what you learned along your journey!
Be grateful for the life you have. Someone else is happy in less than what you have and someone else is praying for the things that you take for granted. Instead of focusing on what you don’t have, love your life and feel blessed for all that you have.