It is not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself and to make yourself a priority; it is necessary. Because unless you love your own self, nobody else will love you. Also, making yourself a priority and doing things your way without bothering […]
Month: November 2017
When it come to personal growth, there are certain things that add to your personal growth while some things stop you from self-improvement. So, in this article, I’m going to share with some enemies of self-improvement that you have to look out for. This is […]
There are days when you feel low and motivation is down in the dumps. Thankfully, there are some effortless strategies that can instantly lift up your mood. So, in this article, I’m going to talk about such tricks that will help you brighten up your mood instantly.
- Listen to upbeat music. Our mood is highly influenced by the type of music we listen to. Listen to sad songs and it would make you feel sad and low. On the other hand, listening to up-beat and happy songs, makes you feel like that. The better the beats, the better the mood. So, the next time you feel low, your automatic instinct would be to listen to soothing and calming song. But hey, don’t do that. That would make you feel even more upset. Try listening to some upbeat, party-like music for an instant boost of mood and enthusiasm.
- Resort to comedy. Comedy always comes to the rescue when the mood is sad. Watch a video or two of your favourite comedian on YouTube or watch funny clips and see how your mood lightens up.
- Eat something healthy. Whenever we are sad, we resort to the human tendency of binge eating fries and other junk food. All the oily and fried food slows down the metabolism and makes your tummy upset. On the other hand, if you eat eat something healthy like a salad or frozen yoghurt etc, your tummy would thank you. Also, when we are eating, we send good signals to the brain. The brain tends to relax and this leads to reduction in the stress.
- Be grateful. When we are feeling sad, it is natural to think of the failures and the setbacks that have happened to us. This in turn would make us feel like a loser and would make our mood worse. What should you do then? Think of the things that you have achieved in life like your past success or achievements. Think of the things that you already have in your life but are usually ignored like a roof over your head, good meals three times a day, good clothes to wear etc. being grateful makes you realise the value of things that you otherwise take for granted. The feeling of accomplishment that comes with gratitude always lifts up the mood.
- Acknowledge your journey. When you feel like a total failure, take time to reflect on your journey. You will realise that you have come very far from where you started. You had a journey full of ups and downs but you made through it all. You stood strongly against all odds and sailed through the rough times. All this would definitely make you strong, give you a sense of accomplishment and lift your mood instantly.
- Talk to someone close. Sometimes, all we need is a shoulder to cry on. Call up your best friend or someone you are very close to like your sister, mother or your partner. Talk about it, open up. Cry if you want to. Just vent it all out. The relief that comes when you vent out your worries instantly lifts up your mood. Your focus becomes clear and you are ready to find solutions to your problems all by yourself!
So, these are some instant tricks. There is no one-formula suits all kind of trick here. Find the one that works for you. Don’t forget to share it with us.
Good day! 🙂
“Become addicted to constant and never-ending self improvement.” Improvement is a life-long phenomenon. You can never sit back and say to yourself, “Hey, I have reached the saturation of improvement. There’s nothing else I can improve myself in.” No, this is never going to happen […]
Who doesn’t want to live the life of his dreams? We all have a mental picture of what we want in our life, don’t we? However, not every belief or habit is going to help us get there. Worry not, today I’m going to share with you some sure-shot ways to get what you want.
- Turn your dream into small steps. Yes, you read that right. Figure out what you want in your life. Slice that dream into small actionable steps. Accomplish them one by one. It might be a short-term goal like losing weight or getting a job of your dream. Break down these dreams into small feasible tasks. Like if you want to lose weight you might break it down like this- eating salads 5 days a week, giving up artificial sugars, working out daily for an hour etc. Make a journal and as you progress record the achievements.
- Be consistent. Once you are done breaking down your goal. Work towards achieving it each day. You should work on it humongously once in a while and ignore it on all other days. Just work on it bit by bit each each. Don’t over-do it don’t under-do it. Just make it a point to accomplish a little part of it each day. Consistency is the key.
- Surround yourself with the right people. It is rightly said, “We are the average of the 5 people that we spend our time with.” So, choose your company wisely. There are people who drag us down with their negativity. Stay clear of them. Keep positive people around yourself, people who lift you up and don’t push you down into the dump of negativity. Surround yourself with like-minded people, people who want similar things like you or have similar values like you do. It really does make a difference.
- Be kind. Zig Ziglar said, “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” You can’t exhibit negativity and complain about how trashy others are. Karma is a bitch. What goes around, comes around. So, be careful in what you give out. If you give out cruelty, negativity and envy; be ready to experience the same. Work to create light for others and your path will automatically be lightened.
- Balance is essential. You have to be consistent and all focused on your goal but that doesn’t mean that you should ignore your personal life in all of it. Create a healthy balance between your personal and professional life. Nurture your relationships, make time for yourself, nurture your passions, do it all. Over-doing one will disturb the peace and harmony of your life.
These ways have been believed to work out for everyone. I hope they work out for you too. They are worth a try so go ahead and give them a try.
Wishing you luck! 🙂
Being productive isn’t god’s gift, it is a skill that can be mastered with the right set of habits spread over the right routine. There are some habits that distinguish a productive someone from a not-so-productive someone. Mentioned below are some habits that are followed […]
I have talked enough about the benefits of a TO-DO list. We have also discussed about what to put in your TO-DON’T list. So, today I’m sharing with you essential things that should definitely be there on your TO-DO list to help you guide you […]
I have already talked about how some beliefs hold us back. They might have been taught to us, learned by us along our journey or whatever. We are better off without such beliefs, aren’t we? Here’s presenting to you, a few of such beliefs that the ineffective people hold onto.
- “It’s a lot of work.” Wishing for an easier life deprived of new challenges is a symptom of ineffective people. Such people take challenges as hurdles in their path and run away from them. Effective people, however, take challenges as new opportunities to learn and explore. They don’t run away from them, they welcome them and consider them as stepping stones to success.
- “I am not going to forgive.” Until you forgive, you are not going to move on. And unless you move on, you will be thinking about it each day each moment, wasting your precious time and energy over something that is not even worth it. Forgive them for your own self. Forgive but don’t forget the lesson you learnt from that particular experience.
- “Starting over is not an option.” If something has gone wrong, starting over gives you a chance to rebuild it in a bigger and much better way. There is no shame or disgrace attached to it. Do it for your own self, for your own good because nobody else but you, are going to face the implications of dragging something unnecessarily if you don’t start over.
- “My sufferings today will make my future happy.” No, just rip this thought out of your mind, right here right now. Don’t spoil your present thinking about the future. The future can be as happy as the present. It doesn’t require you to sacrifice your happiness today. Being happy is a way of living. Don’t give up on your present just because of an uncertain event in the future.
- “I don’t know what I want.” Effective people clearly know the purpose of their life. They have it all planned and don’t just get along the flow. Until you know what you want, you would be purposelessly wasting your life over nothing. So, figure out what you want in your life and align your routine along it.
These are the beliefs that ineffective people live by. However, they can be turned around. So, which category do you want to be in? the choice is all yours! 😉