In this fast-paced life, even the smartest of minds tend to forget the simplest of facts that govern our growth and success. This article will serve as a quick reminder for all of you out there and help you reconnect with the reality. Let’s get […]
Month: November 2017
Procrastination is everywhere. In fact I have a confession to make, I am a PRO in procrastination. All of us are aware of how procrastination is disguised as happiness but is actually stealing us of our happiness and peace of mind. It’s high time that […]
Enough said. Habits, whether good or bad, play a highly important role in our life. Some habits have the potential to alter the efficiency of our minds. These habits when integrated in our routine can really help a mediocre become a highly efficient person.
Mentioned below are some of such habits that would increase your efficiency manifold.
- Concentrate on the present. Replaying an old argument 1000th time, trying to win it over by coming up with better points this time or worrying about what could go wrong in the future aren’t going to help. Dwelling in the past is as useless as dreaming of the future because neither the past can be changed nor the future can be controlled. But one thing that is certain is the present. Focus on making the best out of your present and everything else will fall into place. When you have nothing but ‘NOW’ in your mind, you give in your best and your efficiency increases.
- Nurture your relationship with your loved ones. The time spent with the loved ones is always a happy time. Stress is inversely proportional to happiness meaning that, the greater the happiness, the lesser is the stress and vice-versa. Spend more time with the people you love and create memories with them. Happy memories not only help you sail through the tough times but strong bonds with the loved ones give us a morale support. When we are mentally and emotionally stable, we tend to perform better and our efficiency increases.
- Find your motivations. Motivations keep us going. Something that motivates me might not motivate you. Motivation drivers can be different for each of us. So, find yourself one. It can be a song, listening to which you might feel pumped up or a movie that boosts your confidence or a celebrity or someone dear to you. Find your motivation and keep it close. Alexander, the great couldn’t have conquered the whole world with his motivation at the lowest. When you are completely motivated is when you perform your best and your efficiency is at its peak.
- Challenge yourself with new things. Not challenging your mind with new activities and skills would mean giving up to live in your comfort zone. The comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing actually grows there. If you don’t challenge yourself, you won’t learn new things. No new learning means no growth. Life becomes stagnant and there would be nothing exciting to wake up every day for. Challenges keep us going and help us broaden our horizons. Keep learning newer skills and keep challenging your mind with newer activities. Life is a never-ending process of learning.
- Exercise keeps our body fir and brain is a considerable part of our body. Leading an unhealthy life, keeping your unfit would also mean keeping your mind unhealthy. Take care of your body. Give it proper nourishment, give it proper rest and work out regularly because taking care of your body directly means you are taking care of your mind. The better you eat, the better is the blood supply to your mind. The better the blood supply, the better is the efficiency. So, you saw the relation now? What are you waiting for then? Never miss out on your workout and always binge on healthy things. Your mind and body will thank you.
Try incorporating these habits in your life and i’m sure that these habits will definitely help you become an efficient person.
Good luck! 🙂
Unlike computers, human potential is unlimited. There wont’ be any day when your mind will stop working displaying a message saying “internal memory full, delete some data to continue.” Nope, that’s not going to happen, EVER. We, as humans, can always strive for improvement, pushing […]
Life is not complicated, we ourselves make it complicated! Life becomes simple when we give up the wrong things and add the right things into our lives. Presenting to you ways that would help you stop complicating your life. Stop procrastinating. Enough said, there’s no […]
“Failure is not about falling down but refusing to get up.”
Undoubtedly, failures are a part of our life. If we don’t fail, we don’t learn. And if we don’t learn, we don’t change. Change is necessary for growth. Failure and success are like the ECG (ElectroCardioGram) of life. Just like a straight line on an ECG marks death of a person, a straight line in the ECG of life marks stagnancy i.e. no growth. Therefore, a failure is as important as a success. We shouldn’t let a success get to our head and a failure get to our heart.
Here’s, presenting to you some reminders to keep you motivated after an encounter with a failure.
- There is no success without failure. Everything in this world is relative. Just like you need to experience sorrow to know the value of happiness, without failure there is no sweetness in success. You would value success more only if you have failed several times in trying to achieve it. Failure is a sign that you are trying. The only person who never fails is the person who never tries. It is better to try and learn than to not try and live with regret thinking what could have happened.
- It is OK. It is ok to fail, it means you are trying. Soon, with your persistence and hard work you will definitely achieve success. What is not OK then? I say, to quit. Don’t be afraid to fail. Learn from your failure and move on to the next challenge. It is OK to fail. If you’re not failing, you’re not trying. So, keep trying and never give up! Because winners never quit and quitters never win.
- Think positively. When you have failed in something and your motivation is down in the dumps, it is natural to think negatively. But do you know? Our thoughts are like the steering wheel that moves our life in the right direction. Positive thinking creates positive results. Train your brain to think positively and good will happen. Negative thinking not only adds to stress but also leads us into imagining situations that never really happen. So, think positive and stay away from over-thinking.
- Everyday marks a fresh new start. Whatever mistake or failure has happened in our past, should be left in the past. It shouldn’t be dragged into the present or it will take away the peace from it. Obsessing over it won’t change it. Whatever has happened, has happened. Each new day is fresh new opportunity to start afresh. So, utilize these opportunities well and make the best out of them.
- Life’s greatest lessons are learned during tough times. Failure is a great teacher. When you make mistakes and you recover from them, you treat them as valuable learning experiences. These experiences add to your wisdom and help you grow. So, treat your failures as a teacher because every failure has a lesson to offer.
I hope these reminders will help you sail through your tough time. Hey, you are strong! You are going to make through it. Aren’t you?
Good luck! 🙂
Humankind isn’t perfect and so is the human mind. It makes mistakes. Every single person on the face of this earth, irrespective of his intelligence quotient, sex, religion or age, makes mistakes, ranging from taking wrong decisions to making poor judgments to cooking up stories, […]
“Nobody is born to be a champion. And nobody is born to be average either. We make ourselves into one or the other.” We all admire successful people. Don’t we? We idolize people like Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Lionel Messi, Oprah Winfrey, Virat […]
There are different types of skills. There are some skills that you need depending upon your job. For eg.- if you are a software developer, you ought to know coding and various coding languages. This skill, isn’t required by an English Professor. But there are some skills that essential to everyone who wants to succeed. So, in this article, I’m going to discuss about such skills that are totally indispensable if you want to succeed in your life.
- Information analysis and decision making. These are two different skills but are best used when clubbed together. We live in the era of technology. There is a never-ending pool of information available to us. However, is all this information useful to us? No. And so, the skill of information analysis becomes priceless. This information analysis helps us take logical and effective decisions in our day-to-day life.
- The skill of prioritizing enables us to separate the important tasks from the not-so-important ones. In the current scenario where everybody has a lot on their plate, this skill helps us maintain our productivity and make us of the opportunities at the right time thereby shunning distractions. Success comes to those who act on the right things at the right time. Isn’t it?
- Being organized. Disorganization would take up extra time and eat up all the energy when you urgently need a file. It would break your focus and reduce your efficiency. On the other hand, the skill of organization would not only save you time and energy but also help you in being productive and utterly focused while you are working.
- It not only involves speaking but also involves listening. Good communication skills not only help you communicate your knowledge and emotions easily. It also helps you understand the other person’s point of view in a better way, helping you negotiate the situation effectively.
- Note-taking. The skill of note-taking is one of the most productive skills that one can have. It helps us remember everything- big or small. It helps us learn and remember specifics. We might think that we will remember stuff but let’s face it, we tend to forget. This skill helps us perform better and gives us an edge over others.
- This skill is the most sought after skills these days. This helps you find better jobs, get things done, build businesses, spread ideas so on and so forth. This skill helps you find the people you resemble with and helps you keep them close to you. It also helps you get through tough times.
These are the skills that successful people swear by. These skills might be difficult to imbibe but once you get the hang of these, they really do wonders. So, give them a try! 😉
“Life is simple but we insist on making it complicated.” -Confucius Yes! Life is very simple but we ourselves create the circumstances that complicate it. So, in this article, I’m going to share some ways to un-complicate your life. Here, we go! Move […]